What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
1. The information we may collect
We may collect two types of data and information from Users. The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous (“Anonymous Information”). We do not know the identity of the User from whom we collect Anonymous Information. Anonymous Information is any visible information which is available to us while Users are using the Service. Anonymous Information consists of technical and behavioural information, and may contain, among other things, the User’s activity within the Service, type of phone and operating system version, screen resolution, duration of use of the Service, etc.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may stand alone or taken together with additional information available to the Company, identify an individual, or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature. The Personal Information we collect includes: last name, email address, your geolocation, your travel habits (such as routes, travel times from one destination to another), your opinions, your home area, work area or other favourite destination, public transportation services, stops and/or routes you may have saved or consulted, service search history, routes, service, stops, most used times per user, all user generated data, user settings, ranking, profile including nickname and avatar and any additional information the user actively chooses to provide to the system.
The Geolocation Information we collect includes the user’s detailed position and route, including GPS signal, traffic speed, duration of movement and other information sent by your mobile device where the Service is installed. The Company uses the position and route to create a detailed history of all trips made by public transport through the Service. You can restrict the option of collecting geographic information by simply modifying your device settings. In such a case, you should be aware that your experience with the Service will be of lower quality in terms of availability, accuracy and efficiency (in whole or in part). We collect such information via your use of the Service and what you voluntarily provide and/or upload to the Service, described in detail below, for purposes of providing better service, improving the user experience and personalising the Service and for security purposes described below.
For the avoidance of doubt, any non-personal information connected or linked to any personal information will be considered personal information for as long as the connection exists.
WE DO NOT COLLECT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OR ABOUT YOU WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT, WHICH IS OBTAINED BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.
2. How we collect information from our users
There are two possible ways:
- Use of the Service. We collect both personal and non-personal information when you access or use the Service. In other words, we are aware of your use of the Service and may gather, collect and store information regarding your use. We also collect non-personal and personal information derived from information we receive from third parties who work with us.
- Voluntary Submission. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use the Service. We may also collect information submitted through your social network account in the event you voluntarily create your account using a social network.
3. How we use your information
Your information is collected for the following purposes:
- To provide you and the Service with information, including statistics and for research purposes and to create anonymous aggregate information.
- To personalise the Service and content for you, with the goal of improving your experience with the Service and allowing you to retrieve your information.
- Develop, improve, and personalise the Service and experience for you and other users.
- To allow us to contact you for the purpose of providing technical assistance, support, requirements and complaint handling.
- To send updates, news, announcements, and additional information regarding the Service.
- To allow us to respond to online users or requests from government institutions.
- To customise and improve the accuracy and interface.
4. Sharing information with third parties
The Company will not share any personal information that has been collected with any third party. However, the Company may disclose personal information in the following cases:
- To satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, subpoena or governmental request.
- To communicate with our users regarding our services.
- To detect, prevent fraud, security breaches or technical problems.
- To respond to users for support.
- To respond to a complaint that content on the mobile application violates the rights of a third party.
- To respond to a claim that a third party’s contact information has been posted or transmitted without their consent, or in any form of harassment.
- To protect the property rights or personal safety of the Company, its users, or the general public.
- When the Company is under any change of control, including a merger, being acquired or the sale of all or substantially all of its assets.
- To collect, hold and/or manage your personal information through a Third Party Service authorised by the Company for a business purpose, which may be located in a country other than your country of residence and which may not have the same data protection laws as your country.
- Cooperate with a third party for the purpose of adding operational features to the Service, improving and customising the user experience, monetization and marketing.
- Authorise a Third Party Service provider solely for the purpose of providing you with the Service.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Company may transfer and disclose or otherwise use non-personal information or information linked to anonymous identifiers or information that is aggregated in a non-identifiable form, at its sole discretion.
5. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
6. Third Party Software Services
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Company’s service and the personal information of its users, but we do not, however, guarantee that unauthorised access will not occur.
8. Changes to Privacy Policies
9. Additional information and our contact
By contacting us, you warrant and agree that you are free to do so, and that you do not provide the Company with information, which violates any intellectual property of any third party. Without limiting the foregoing, all rights, including intellectual property, arising from communication with us shall remain the property of the Company and shall be deemed to be confidential material of the Company. This makes it clear that any use of the information shall be solely the Company’s, and the Company is not obligated to use all or any part of this information.